Permits are required for projects over $1,000.00 for remodeling, furnace, windows, siding, roofs, culverts and any other general project. Please contact the Clerk/Treasurer for more information and to get a building permit. Building permits are good for one (1) year.  See use the form below.

Building Permit Form

Just a friendly reminder, the penalty for starting a project before obtaining a building permit is double the cost of the permit.

Building permits for homes, barns, garages, sheds, decks, or any other type of home additions require you to have Sheboygan County Planning’s approval first. Their number is (920) 459-3060.

They will need a drawing of the new building along with the existing buildings and septic areas.  After you receive County approval, the Town can issue a building permit

This process can take several weeks.  Make arrangements for approval before you start construction, so any delays won’t cause you any inconvenience.

Driveway / Culvert Permit:   When replacing a culvert or installing of a new driveway / culvert;  a permit is required.    Please find Chapter 3 "Driveway & Right-of-Ways", complete a culvert/driveway permit application and bring it in during the Clerk/Treasurer’s hours to get your permit.

CHAPTER 3 (revised08012022)

driveway pemit application



When starting any project which require digging ei, landscaping, planting trees and shrubs, building decks, and installing pools, fences and playground equipment, remember to call Diggers Hotline at 1-800-242-8511, dial 811 or go to three (3) working days before digging begins.